Apple shape means the top part of the body is heavier than the lower portion. You must have heard of this figure referred as ‘top heavy’. Shoulders of this body type is wider than the hips, and this figure typically has a large bust line. The legs will be thin and mostly well shaped.
How to do it:
1. Wear V necks, which will balance your top body shape.
2. Avoid short top, which will make you look square. Wear long top which can elongate your top half.
3. Wear well structured one button jacket to emphasis your waistline.
4. Avoid large print on the top half.
5. Avoid too much embellishment on the top half and around the waist.
6. Wear skirt with clean lines, like A- line, Pleated skirt are good choices.
7. Bias cut dress can really flatter your slim bottom half.
8. Choose medium to light weight drape fabric like crepe, chiffon.
9. Wear medium cowl necks, it can balance the bust line.
10. Avoid shinny and textured fabric for the top, like shinning satin, fur, chunky knit.
11. Slightly loose top with a belt can define your figure better, but not too loose, which can make you look floopy.
12. Choose straight sleeves if you are conscious about your arms, avoid puffy or cap sleeves. They can make the arms look bigger.